When it comes to gluten, dairy and egg free breakfasts, we can be at a loss for a while. A breakfast without eggs, cereal, yogurt or toast? What will we eat?
A diet free of dairy, eggs and gluten are staples of my Fertility Diet, and so Muesli is a FANTASTIC way to incorporate healthy grains, fruit, seeds and nuts. This is a healthy alternative high in healthy fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
***Ones with PCOS and Diabetes should be careful with the grains they choose and pair this meal with a high protein smoothie to counterbalance any blood sugar increase.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup fresh almond milk
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 medium apple (preferably Granny Smith), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon crushed almonds
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 Tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 handful blueberries
- 3 pitted dates or dried apricots, chopped
1) Mix oats, almonds, seeds, milk alternative, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2) In the morning, mix in the rest of the ingredients and enjoy.
Alternatively, you can combine all ingredients in the morning!
Leave a Reply